What do health ambassadors do?
(They build) individual and community capacity by increasing health knowledge and self-sufficiency through a range of activities such as outreach, community education, informal counseling, social support and advocacy.
NBCUSA Certified Health Ministry Ambassador© (CHMA) (8 hours) (5)
- Lesson 1: Why Do We Need Congregational Health Ministry?
- Lesson 2: What is Congregational Health Ministry?|
- Lesson 3: How Do You Start a Congregational Health Ministry?
- Lesson 4: What Is Health Promotion?
Health Ministry Promoter (HMP) (8 additional hours) NBCUSA Certified Health Ministry Ambassador© designation [Lessons 1-4] plus the following Lessons:
- Lesson 5: How Do You Develop Your Health Ministry Action Plan?
- Lesson 6: How Do You Identify Partners and Resources from Various Community Sectors?
- Lesson 7: How Do You Make and Keep Your Health Ministry Missional?
- Lesson 8: How Do You Use Prayer as an Intervention?
Congregational Health Leader (CHL) (8 additional hours) Health Ministry Promoter [Lessons 5-8] designation plus the following Lessons:
- Lesson 9: How Do You Make Your Ministry Sustainable?
- Lesson 10: How Do We Prepare for Advocacy?
- Lesson 11: How Do We Engage in Advocacy?
- Lesson 12: How Do We Utilize Self-care and Health and Wellness Coaching?
Continuing Education (8 hours annually) Completion of Health Ministry Promoter [Lessons 5-8] or Congregational Health Leader [Lessons 9-12] designation
- Lesson 13: How Do We Support the Special Needs of Seasoned Seniors?
- Lesson 14: How Do We Establish Effective Substance Abuse Health Ministries?
- Lesson 15: How Do We Develop Effective Health and Wellness Programming for Children, Youth, and Young Adults?
- Lesson 16: How Do We Effectively Integrate E-Learning into Our Health Ministry?
- Lesson 17: How Do We Develop Skills to Respond to the Signs of Mental Illness and Substance Use? (Mental Health First Aid Training)